Friday, June 30, 2006

Faith

Our pastor is preaching (again) on faith. It is a subject I am having to learn a lot about right now. We are in a place in our life that could look quite scary for most people. We financially are in a really tough spot. However, God has been so good to me and has given me complete Peace.
I am resting in the fact that God is in control. You guys know I am a control freak and God has been stripping me of all my control. Well, he is replacing it with faith. Tim talks about "faith walkers." I want to be a faith walker. I cannot even describe what this feeling is like right now. I feel so great and confident in Christ and His promises to me.

These are his promises:

Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek Him.

Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Or The Message version:
-Don't be obsessed with getting more material things. Be relaxed with what you have. Since God assured us, "I'll never let you down, never walk off and leave you," we can boldly quote, God is there, ready to help; I'm fearless no matter what. Who or what can get to me?


Then He tells me that I am not to worry. I think it even means it is a sin to worry....

Philippians 4:6 (The Message)

Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

About 3 years ago when Tim spoke on Faith when he came to our church, I felt that God really spoke to me and told me "If you will be obedient, I will bless you." I have tried to figure out since that time just what was the "obedience" and what was the "blessing" I think I was looking for a one time event. I now think I realize that it is definitely a life long thing. If we will be obedient to listen to what he is saying, obey his commands, spend time with him (most important), then he is going to give us a free and blessed life. This does not mean we will be living on easy street and financially stable (unfortunately). It means we will be content with where we are and love him in the midst of where we are.
I am content. I have faith like I have never had before. I love my family and we are blessed everyday.

No comments: