Saturday, March 11, 2006

Yoda classes and flossing - what next?

Paul and I joined the YMCA about 3 weeks ago. I have actually really gotten into it.
I have been trying to work out at least 4-5 days a week. It is a lot of fun....
Yes, I never thought I would hear myself say that. On Monday's I have been attending a Yoga class. Julia calls it my Yoda class- I pray that I don't end up looking like Yoda at the end. Other than that I have been doing cardio and weight machines. I plan to be buff by summer- we shall see! The Y has free child care - that's a plus. I think what I like about working out so much is that it is ME time. It has been a long time since I did anything for myself, and BY MYSELF!!!
It has been great to say the least... As far as my buffness - well, I've got a long way to go.... So far I have gained 5 lbs., but I suppose it is muscle mass. (I hope)

With Paul gone a lot now, I am getting more done around the house. Today I had to get a new vacuum cleaner after the other one died last night. I don't know how I ever lived without this new one with all the bells and whistles - most importantly it is self propelled!

Julia started swim lessons. Today she did great. She actually went under - big accomplishment for someone who doesn't like her face wet - Grandma can relate! She desperately wants to take ballet class, but we told her she has to finish swim lessons first.

Life seems to be good at them moment. I feel good, starting to look good, and I actually flossed my teeth tonight!!!

No comments: