Wednesday, August 24, 2005

soooo tired

I feel like I have huge boulders in my eyes right now. I am on night number four with little to basically no sleep. My precious baby boy had three sleepless nights where all he wanted to do was nurse. I think it may have been my fault by giving him some Xango juice, but that is besides the point! After taking him to the doctor yesterday to find out if there was something wrong with him...I decided to "re-train" him last night. He has been used to nursing to sleep - which there is nothing wrong with that, but it causes him to not be able to get himself back to sleep when he wakes up in the middle of the night. SO - I was getting up several times a night and having to feed him to get him back in his bed. NO MORE!!! MAMA is tired!He was placed in his bed last night and had to cry. He cried for a long 35 minutes before giving up and going to sleep. It was so hard. Julia could not understand why I was just letting him cry. She kept telling me that Harrison was crying and in fact offered to go check on him for me. It was heart wrenching. I know it has to be done. He woke up one other time at 2:30 and went until about 3:30. Paul went in one time and I went in one time. I thought he was going to jump out of the bed to get to me. I never went through this with Julia. She was trained from day 1. I never nursed her to sleep. I don't think either way is right....I am just paying for it now. I hope tonight is not as traumatic for him - and me. I could also use an extended amount of sleep.

No comments: