Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What to do with your old calendar



Julia could not quite understand why we could not use her 2007 Princess calendar again this year. After not doing a very good job explaining the concept of years (I don't know if being her teacher is a smart idea!) I decided to come up with some way for her to use it. We bought poster board and cut out all the pictures and made a collage. I said "we" but I guess I should correct that statement and say "I" made it. Not that she didn't want to help. She did. It was my controlling, perfectionist attitude that decided that I didn't want help! After all, it would have been to hard for her - right!
Man, do I have problems. I realize that. I would have never been a good art teacher. I am not sure I am a good teacher period because I struggle with the need to control and have things done perfectly the first time.
This was just a stupid poster to go in her room and I wanted it to be a materpiece!
I did give in and let her glue a few things at the end - under careful direction of course!!!
Please pray for us this year with first grade - We both will need it.

No comments: