Saturday, December 23, 2006

Feliz Navidad!

I wanted to wish everyone out there a Merry Christmas! It is Christmas Eve-Eve and I am trying to get everything packed up and ready to go. We are going to Paul's folks for Christmas in Spring Hill then the kids and I are going to Elijay for a few days to spend time with my parents. I am looking forward to Christmas finally. It has been hard to get into the season this year - being 75 degrees outside. However the last couple of days, even though still warm, I have gotten more in the mood. I have been baking ginger cookies and making peppermint bark (thank you Debra). It makes if feel a little more like Christmas (even though I can't eat any of it - I did cheat a little).
I have felt less stress this year than ever before. I think because we have decided to take the emphasis off of the present thing it makes it so much more enjoyable.
I don't think Harrison fully understands what is going on yet and Julia is so funny. We have been very open with her about Santa not being a real person - that he is a fun pretend. Yet, she still is asking if Santa is going to come and if he can find her stocking in the office (it is still in a box on top of the book shelf). I'm sure the whole Santa thing is very confusing. Almost as confusing as the fact that we are celebrating Jesus' birthday. Someone she has never seen, yet we talk to him all the time, supposed to love him, and are going to make a cake for him even though he won't eat it. Hmmmm. Oh, the faith of a child. If we could all have just an ounce of it.
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

No comments: