Thursday, November 10, 2005

blah blah blah

I haven't posted in a while so I thought I better.....
We have all been sick at home. I think we may be on the mend - hopefully.
I have been working more this week. It will be nice to have a few extra dollars, but my body is not used to getting up that many mornings. The kids are a bit confused also. I missed getting to take Julia to school this week. That is important to me to connect with her teacher and pray with her on the way to school. One more day, then back to normal.
We have small group tonight. I am looking forward to connecting with everyone. It seems like it has been a long time since last Thursday. We are talking about "the joy of the Lord" tonight. Interesting topic. I think we tend to get joy and happiness confused. They are not the same thing. Happiness is a conditional thing and joy is a constant that is not based on situations. It doesn't mean that we are to have smiles plastered on our faces all the time. I think it means that when we are in tough situations we can still think about the Lord and what blessings we do have and what we are promised in the future and still have Joy in the hope of Him no matter the situation. It doesn't make the situation any less difficult or painful, but gives us hope.
There is my sermon for the day. It may be theologically incorrect, but that is what I feel God says to us in the bible.

No comments: