Friday, December 19, 2008

King's X




If you have known Paul and I for more than two minutes you know that we are King's X fans! We had a great night seeing them last night in Nashville at the Mercy Lounge. It was a great show! Every show we have been to has been amazing. The first time we saw them live was almost 18 years ago. The highlight of that show was being able to sit on the stage during the show that ended up an acoustic set.
The first time we saw them in Nashville was 13 years ago when Galactic Cowboys opened for them. I will never forget that evening...we stayed and waited outside for them to leave. I laugh at myself now when I think of this...but I told Doug that his face and smile lit up the stage and that I saw Jesus in his face. He didn't quite know what to do with that besides say "thanks."
Last night I saw something a little different. I see someone who is hurting and wants so hard to believe but something is keeping him stuck from experiencing the Freedom that he sings about. He sings with passion such deeply spiritual driven songs.
Paul and I both were amazed how he could sing them when he has openly talked about his agnostic views on God. He still lights up the stage and gives a great performance. The highlight for me was being able to get my picture with Doug. I wish I would not have been so 'star struck' and said something more to him. I have a heart for him and will pray for him that he will find the hope and freedom again that he sings about.

No comments: